The MBJ LED Sun Simulator is designed for fully automatic operation. An integrated transport system and an automatic contacting unit are standard. Functions such as the automatic recognition of the reference module and the interfaces to the upstream and downstream processes are also included. The latest generation of the sun simulator is certified according to IEC 60904-9 Ed.3 as triple A+. With 13 different LED types, an even better representation of the solar spectrum is achieved. The expansion of the spectrum in UV and IR allows precise measurement of a wide variety of module types, including thin-film, PERC and HJT based modules.
A second LED unit can be integrated into the system for measuring bifacial modules. An additional support unit for glass-glass modules offers quick and reliable testing without bending the modules.
The hipot and grounding test for framed modules can optionally be integrated into the sun simulator. In combination with an electroluminescence system and, in case of glass-glass modules, an extra hipot and grounding test, the most important test tasks can also be summarized in the compact MBJ Backend Solution.
We cover the requirements for different module sizes, based on the used cell sizes from M0 - M12, with our modular system structure. Four configurations (Standard, Wide, Eco, Max) are available as standard, please contact us if the module sizes differ.
- TÜV certified LED light source (IEC 60904-9 Ed.3)
- Spectrum Class A+ (IEC 60904-9 Ed.3, wavelength range 300nm-1200nm)
- Long term instability (LTI) < +/- 1% Class A+ (IEC 60904-9 Ed.3)
- Non uniformity < +/- 1% Class A+ (IEC 60904-9 Ed.3)
- Repeatability of Pmax (Flash to Flash) <0.1%
- Configurable irradiance 200-1000 W/m2
- Maximum irradiance 1200 W/m2
- Usable pulse duration max. 180ms at full irradiance
- Remote operator table with label printer and PC, including review software for final evaluation of the module
- Second LED unit for measuring bi-facial modules
- Automatic code reader for inline integration
- Housing integrated Hipot and Grounding test for framed modules (test voltage adjustable up to 6kV DC, optional up to 11 kV DC)
- Support for frameless glass-glass or glass-foils modules for a safe transport of modules with greater warpage
- Single cell homogeniety measurement tool with SW for regular homogeniety verification
- MES Interface SEGS GEM PV02
For modules made up of cells from M0 to M6 with up to 6 strings
For modules made up of cells from M0 to M6 with up to 8 strings
For modules made up of M10 / M12 cells
We use the innovative LED technology for our sun simulators. The LED technology solves many known problems that result from the use of the previously dominant xenon technology. Here for instance the long life time of the LEDs, the usable pulse duration of up to 180ms and the stability of the light during the flash are to be mentioned. All of these points lead to very good reproducibility, lowest maintenance and ownership costs and excellent suitability for new module concepts such as bi-facial modules, PERC and HJT modules.
Due to the compact design of the LED unit in the MBJ Sun Simulator, a second LED unit for measuring bi-facial modules can be installed very easily.