The MBJ LED sun simulator is designed for fully automatic operation. An integrated transport system and an automatic contacting unit are standard. Functions such as the automatic recognition of the reference module and the interfaces to the upstream and downstream processes are also included. For the measurement of bifacial modules, a second LED unit can be integrated into the system.
In combination with an electroluminescence system and the hipot and grounding test, the most important testing tasks are summarized in the BackendSolution.
- TÜV certified LED light source (IEC 60904-9 Edition2)
- Class A+Spectrum
- Class A+ Long term instability (LTI) < +/- 1%
- Class A+ Non uniformity < +/- 1%
- Repeatability of Pmax (Flash to Flash) <0.2%
- Total irradiance 200-1000 W/m2 (configurable in 200W/m2 steps)
- Pulse up to max. 200ms
- Illuminated area (W x L in mm) 1000mm x 1950mm and 1300 x 1950 (other possible on request)
- Remote operator panel with label printer and PC including review software for final evaluation of the module by an operator
- Second LED unit for measuring bifacial modules
- Automatic code reader for inline integration
- Hipot and Grounding test for framed modules integrateted in the housing (test voltage adjustable up to 6kV DC, optional up to 11 kV DC)
- Support for frameless glass-glass or glass-foils modules for safe transport even with greater warpage
- Single cell homogeniety measurement tool with SW for regular homogeniety verification
- MES Interface SEGS GEM PV02
We use innovative LED technology for the sun simulator. The LED technology solves many known problems that arises from the use of the hitherto dominant XENON technology: much longer life time of the LED's, a longer pulse duration with up to 200ms and the substantially better stability of the light source over time. This leads to very good reproducability, lowest maintenance cost an excelent suitability for new module concepts like bi-facial or PERC modules.
Optionally, the hipot and grounding test for framed modules can be integrated into the solar simulator. New is the reliable and at the same time gentle contacting of the frame with improved contacting units.
The Flasher will soon also be available as IEC 60904-9 Edition 3 version with extended spectrum.